Saturday, March 13, 2010

Giving Back: Micalla's Social Responsibility

Are you more likely to purchase from a company with stronger moral values? Personally, I feel that it is extremely important to give back to the community and I always feel better giving my money to a socially responsible company.

Did you know that with every purchase of Micalla Jewelry, a donation is made? Giving back to charities and communities in need is deeply embedded in Micalla's culture. In an interview with Camilla, she states, "we have several [organizations of preference] at the moment, but I would like to find a few key organizations and develop a more symbiotic relationship with them. Environmental and endangered animals are my top priority." Organizations listed on Micalla's website are Ruban Rose (Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation), West Island Palliative Care Residence, and The Animal Rescue Network.

2 comments:

  1. I love learning that organization are willing to give back tot he their community. I personally like to do my research on what percentage of my purchase would be going towards the charity and what the organization will do with that contribution. If i am satisfied with what I find I am definitely more willing to spend more on an item.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is awesome.
    Not only does it help organizations that do incredible work for the community, but it also helps promote local designers in the process.

    The fact that tt also almost completely wipes away any semblance of guilt when buying something is an added bonus!

    ReplyDelete